I think 3 huge posts in the space of a week is enough. It’s not that I had them built up from a month of silence, I’ve just had a lot to say about topics that came up recently 🙂
And just because I don’t want to make a new post about it, some fun news.
I noticed as I wrote my Awaken post last night that the MacHeist front page had changed to “coming soon”, and this morning I woke up to two new software keys sitting in my inbox! It turns out that the fantastic MacHeist bundle I picked up in April has been re-released with three new apps, and because it’s the same price they managed to extend the deal for existing bundle purchasers. The new apps make it even more of a steal:
- VectorDesigner (woot I don’t own any OSX graphic tools)
- TextExpander (read about this on DaringFireball, didn’t want to pay full price)
- SoundStudio (if it gets unlocked)
The bundle is packed full of useful stuff, particularly for new OS X users. I haven’t tried the new apps yet but out of the others I use them all except for:
- The games (they’re old and obviously released into the bundle as advertising, Enigmo was one of the games ported to iPhone for the WWDC 08 keynote)
- iClip (it’s sluggish on 512mb ram)
- DEVONthink (I’ve been looking for an excuse to use it though)
So by the time I buy a new mac, I’ll be using every app except the games. Even if you’re not a new mac user, for my money there are some very handy tools (CoverSutra, Awaken, XSlimmer, WriteRoom) that don’t have any good free equivalent and would cost more than the $50 bundle price just by themselves. VictorDesigner and SoundStudio are both worth more than the bundle price alone, so if you can make use of either one it becomes a no-brainer.
And to top it all off $12 of your money will go to charity. Pick it up now to help guarantee SoundStudio for everyone 😀